Height: 5’8″/ Weight: 170 lbs.
Size/Strength Below Average
Physical Play Good
Offensive Play Excellent
Defensive Play Average
Hockey Sense Excellent
1. Stankoven is an excellent skater; he not only has great straight-line speed, but he also has the lateral agility to slash through skating lanes and grab loose pucks all over the ice.
2. An Elite scorer who plays in overdrive and has tremendous offensive instincts.
3. Has an excellent shot to complement his great passing and puckhandling skills.
Area’s for Improvement
1. He is an undersized player.
2. Can be a defensive zone liability at times, due to his small stature.
Logan Stankoven is coming off a good rookie season with the Kamloops Blazers, in which he tallied 29 goals and 48 points in 59 games. His performance resulted in him being named the WHL Western Conference Rookie of the Year. Stankoven plays a high-tempo game and is a menace in the offensive zone with his elite forechecking abilities. One of the best attributes of his game is his skating; the 17-year-old has top-notch acceleration, will show off his speed all over the ice, and is already an NHL-level skater. Stankoven has a quick and accurate release on his shot, which allows him to score goals at a high-level. Although he is not the defensive player that Lucas Raymond is, he plays with the same competitive edge and hockey sense as him. Because Stankoven is only 5’8″, teams may overlook him, which could cause him to fall out of the first round, but in terms of talent, there is no doubt that Stankoven is one of the more talented offensive players in the draft.
An Small Elite Scorer, that is an elite skater and is an excellent shot.
Style Comparison: Lucas Raymond
NHL Potential: Elite Goal Scoring Winger
|2018-19||Thompson Blazers U18 AAA||BC U18||38||49||101|