Height: 6’2″/ Weight: 185 lbs.
Size/Strength Above Average
Physical Play Average
Offensive Play Great
Defensive Play Average
Hockey Sense Great
1. Smooth skating defenseman who has a smart three zone game.
2. Is an ideal Powerplay QB; has excellent puckhandling skills and is great at walking the blue line to create shooting and passing lanes.
3. Displays solid positioning and gap control and uses an active stick to break up attack plays.
Areas for improvement
- Needs to improve the velocity on his shots.
- Has a tendency to play soft in the defensive zone.
Isaac Belliveau is an offensive-minded defenseman out of the Q; he had an excellent year last season playing alongside Alexis Lafreniere and was a big part of their powerplay. Belliveau was traded to the Gatineau Olympiques 16 games into the 2020-21 season, where he has registered 2 goals and 3 points in 7 games. Belliveau is a smooth skater and an excellent puck carrier that can run the powerplay very effectively. He is great at walking the blue line to create shooting and passing lanes. Isaac is an effective defender, that displays solid positioning and gap control Despite his offensive potential, Belliveau is far from a finished product; he has much room for improvement in many parts of his game. Belliveau needs to be more physical and be stronger on the defensive side of the puck. He is already an effective offensive defenseman, but he could become one of the best powerplay quarterbacks in the league if he were to improve upon his shot velocity. As of right now, Belliveau looks like he is going to be a 2nd round pick.
An Excellent Offensive defenseman, who can Quarterback the powerplay.
Style Comparison: Keith Yandle
NHL Potential: Top 4 Offensive Defenseman