Edmonton Oil Kings/WHL
Height: 6’6″/ Weight: 212 lbs.
Rebound Control Good
Glove Hand Good
Hockey Sense Great
1. At 6’6″, 212 lbs, Cossa possesses the combination of size and athletic ability that NHL teams look for in a starting goalie.
2. He has great fundamentals and uses his big body to square up to shooters, cutting down angles while being agile enough to get across his crease quickly.
3. Tracks pucks through traffic very well, and his rebound control is quite good for a young goaltender.
Area’s For Improvement
- Doesn’t have a high ceiling.
- Will need to control his rebounds better in order to be a starter at the next level.
Sebastian Cossa had a fantastic rookie season in the WHL, sporting a 2.23 GAA and .921 SV% in 33 games with the Edmonton Oil Kings. Cossa picked up right where he left off last season and has gotten off to a terrific start to the 2020-21 campaign; he has won all four games he started and has a remarkable 1.50 GAA and a .939 SV% to show for. Sebastian Cossa is a big 6’6″ goaltender with a rare combination of size and athletic ability. He has good fundamentals and uses his big body to cutting down angles on shots, while also being agile enough to get across his crease quickly. His height is an advantage when it comes to tracking pucks through traffic and his rebound control is quite good for a young goaltender as well. If Sebastian Cossa has a terrific draft season, he can climb up the draft board if teams are in desperate need of a goaltender but they don’t want to use a 1st round pick on one. With that said, I think Sebastian Cossa will be an early 2nd round pick in the 2021 draft.
Prototype NHL Goalie, big Frame Goalie with a lethal combination of size, athletic ability and fundamentals.
Style Comparison: John Gibson
NHL Potential: Starting Goalie
|2018-19||Fort Saskatchewan Rang. U18 AAA||AMHL||13||3.01||.919|
|2019-20||Edmonton Oil Kings||WHL||33||2.23||.921|
|2020-21||Edmonton Oil Kings||WHL||4||1.50||.939|