Height: 6’0″/ Weight: 181 lbs.
Physical Play Good
Offensive Play Great
Defensive Play Average
Hockey Sense Great
1. Robertsson is a strong skater who competes hard and forechecks effectively.
2. His release is deceptive, and is able to let it go from multiple points within his shooting motion; he is especially a threat with one-timers from the top of the circle on the powerplay.
3. Robertsson has a high hockey-IQ and knows where be in the offensive zone.
Area’s for Improvement
1. Can be a defensive zone liability.
2. Struggles to make passes when he doesn’t have time and space.
Simon Robertsson spent much of the early part of his draft year playing in the J20 Nationell for Skelleftea’s junior team, totaling 9 goals and 11 assists in 15 games. Despite only being six-foot at the moment, Robertsson is a strong power winger with great skating mechanics. He’s difficult to play against, especially along the boards because he has a sturdy stride that allows him to protect the puck well while getting up and down the ice quickly. The hard-working forward also boasts a wicked release that is just as heavy as it is fast. Robertsson has powerful strides, which helps him reach his top speed. His agility helps him to change skating directions quickly which makes him hard to defend against in the offensive zone. Robertsson has a high hockey-IQ and is excellent a making quick decisions with the puck. Overall, Simon Robertsson is a player that could be interesting for many teams in so many ways. He is an all-around player with some high-end offensive skill. Some Scouts have Robertsson ranked as a late first-round pick, but some also have him falling out of the 1st round.
A Hard working winger with good speed, great hockey sense, and a quality release.
Style Comparison: TJ Oshie
NHL Potential: Top 6 Goal Scoring Winger
|2018-19||Skelleftea AIK J16||18 Elit||16||19||31|
|2019-20||Skelleftea AIK J18||J20 Elit||41||13||30|
|2020-21||Skelleftea AIK J20||J20 Nationell||15||9||20|
One thought on “Simon Robertsson”