Height: 6’1″/ Weight: 174 lbs.
Physical Play Great
Offensive Play Excellent
Defensive Play Average
Hockey Sense Great
1. Bolduc is really difficult to stop on the ice when he has control of the puck due to his excellent puck-protection and good speed
2. Bolduc is also willing to go to the dirty areas of the ice to score goals
3. There’s no denying Bolduc’s knack for scoring; Bolduc boasts a heavy, accurate shot with a quick release
Area’s for Improvement
1. If he is to be a center at the NHL level, he needs to work on his consistency in faceoff circle
2. Needs to work on his play in his own end
In his first season in the Q, Zachary Bolduc hit the 30-goal mark and led all rookies in goals. He also added 22 assists for 52 points in 55 games, which earned him the QMJHL Offensive Rookie of the Year, Rookie of the Year, and a spot on the All-Rookie Team. Bolduc’s shot stands out as one of his greatest strengths; he boasts a full array of shots and can bring any one of them out at any moment. On top of this, Bolduc is a strong, fluid skater and can make plays on the rush. Despite being known as a goal scorer, he is also a terrific playmaker that passes well and can surprise defenders with the passes he makes. Despite owning a difficult heavy shot with a quick release, Bolduc is more than willing to go to the front to bury rebounds. Bolduc is deadly on the power play, and his skill set should allow him to mature into a 5-on-5 producer. Bolduc needs to work on his defensive zone play and be more consistent on faceoffs if he wants to be a center at the next level. Zachary Bolduc has the talent to be a top 10 pick in the 2021 draft; he will likely go between picks 10-15.
A Highly skilled Scoring Center, who thrives on the power play
Style Comparison: Jeff Skinner
NHL Potential: Top 6 Goal Scoring Center
One thought on “Zachary Bolduc”