Frölunda HC J20/SHL
Height: 6’4″/ Weight: 185 lbs.
Physical Play Good
Offensive Play Great
Defensive Play Great
Hockey Sense Great
1. Giant smooth-skating defenseman with excellent mobility for a player his size and is very calm and poised while skating with the puck.
2. Shines in the offensive zone with his ability to make defenders miss with quick moves and distribute the puck from the point.
3. Deceptive and creative passer with tremendous vision.
Areas for improvement
- For a big, strong, man he does not get much velocity on his shots; he needs to increasing the power on his shot to be effective on the power play in the NHL.
- Can get caught up ice, therefore leaving the team with odd-man situations.
Edvinsson has one of the most exciting tool kits in the entire draft class, standing at 6-4 with exceptional puck skills, vision, playmaking, and skating ability. He has a long, powerful stride that allows him to cover lots of ground and generates speed while retreating with backward crossovers. His skating ability and offensive toolkit are rare for a player with his size; he shines as an offensive defenseman with his ability to create scoring chances for himself and his teammates. Edvinsson is a strong defender; he shows good awareness in the defensive zone, constantly scanning for threats, utilizing his excellent reach to disrupt plays and to separate players from the puck physically. Simon Edvinsson has the potential to become a dominant NHL defenseman; he can go anywhere between 3 and 10 in the draft.
Offensive-minded Defenseman with the potential to be a top pair, 40+ point defenseman in the NHL.
Style Comparison: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
NHL Potential: Top 4 Offensive Defenseman with Top Pair potential
|2019-20||Frölunda HC J18||J18 Allsvenskan||10||3||10|
|2019-20||Sweden U17 (all)||International-Jr||13||2||14|
|2020-21||Frölunda HC J20||J20 Nationnell||14||1||6|